Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Art teaching philosophy

Recently, I have been posting about my art teaching philosophy and experience as an art educator. I am very happy that the posts have generated some interest. I have always considered myself an art educator and not an artist.  Simply, I am someone who makes art.  Making art is not a difficult activity and does not require special training. Art teaching is about setting a condition for art to happen. As  parents we buy crayons, paints, an all sorts of craft items.  Children participate in countless poster and drawing contests.  This burst of art suddenly starts to subside about the sixth grade and fades away for most students. This is the point at which the art baton is handed to the art instructor.  Unfortunately, there is often no art teacher to assume the art leadership role.  Many parents do continue to provide a creative outlet separate and apart from the school system.


"Things hidden in my head" Copyright 2013 © Ronald D. Isom, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment