Friday, January 2, 2015

Outsider art

Cryptic series Electric Landscape. I pad drawing 2015



As an art instructor and artist I have received extensive training in the arts and educational theory.  In addition, I have received a modicum of success as a regional artist.  As a result, my art cannot be classified as raw art, untrained or outsider art.  Outsider art has been a powerful influence on my personal imagery.  The immediate primal urge to create something with your hands and wield any material to your desire is evident in the untrained art world. These artists do not consider audience interpretation or gallery showrooms. The quirky objects they create represent the familiar through distorted multicolored lenses. Is it art? Is it craft? Whatever it is, it is entrancing and has inspired me and many “trained” artists for generations. 



"Things hidden in my head" Copyright 2015 © Ronald D. Isom, Sr.

No comments:

Post a Comment